Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Well, my excitement is building as we begin our BIBI IN BEIJING, China Adventure!
By the way, beginning in October, we will be offering various travel packages to China next year! So stay tuned for some exotic travel offers.
Since we are having a Beijing adventure, I thought it might be nice to learn a little history about the city itself, which we will present in the form of FUN FACTS!
* King Wu declared Beijing the capital city in 1057 BC. (that is old..wow!)
* The city has gone by the names of Ji, Zhongdu and Dadu!
* Ming Dynasty Emperor ChengZu chose the name Beijing in 1421
* Before 1949, The Western world knew Beijing as Peking
* The population of Beijing is about 12 million people
* Beijing is located in the northeastern part of China 43.5m above sea level
* Beijing has cold & dry winters and hot summers
* There are 18 districts and counties in Beijing
* Dongcheng, Xicheng, Xuanwu, Chongwen, Chaoyang, Haidian, Fentai, & Shijingshan are in the surburbs
* Fangshan,Mengtougou, Changping, Tongzian, Shunyi, Daxing, Huairou, Miyun, Pingpu & Yianqing are in the outer suburbs
* The whole area of Beijing is about 16808 sq km or about 6,500 sq miles
These are todays FUN FACTS! We will be posting lots of information and FUN FACTS! If anyone has any interesting things, please share with us!
Also in October, we will begin covering SPORTS, starting with SOCCER & BASKETBALL!.
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Hello Everyone! It's Bibi and I'm back!
So many new and exciting things are happening, including the launch of my 10th anniversary book
"The Adventures of Bibi & Friends". The new book cover is in 3D and is available for purchase on my website.
For those of you who do not know Bibi, check out www.bibiadventures.com and discover what Bibi's World is all about.
We are very excited about our next and greatest adventure...BibiSports in China! Starting in September we will begin a weekly blog with our friends in China. Our sports division, www.bibisports.com will be the host of our China adventures.
So stay tuned and remember "Where Bibi Goes, The World Follows!