Monday, March 16, 2009

Who is Watching?



Today I was navigating around my Facebook page (as it keeps changing), when I came upon a invite to join a Facebook group: Things you didn't know about Facebook. So I went there and read the list and have to admit it was a little unsettling. We all know we are being watched by Big Brother and basically nothing is really private anymore. But who else is watching and just how much access do they have to all this information that we are putting out there? Well it turns out it could be a lot.

For example beware of all these applications that we all have gotten attached to. When was the last time you checked your privacy settings? Is everything set for anyone to search or access your profile? On your applications there is tab: granted additional permissions, go there and unchecked that box. I don't remember granting anyone all of this access to my personal information, even when I AM NOT USING THE APPLICATION! There is lots of sharing of information behind the scene, that most of us will never know about. I'm just not ready to throw all of my caution to the wind and would advise the same to my all friends.

It is such a catch 22 situation for persons like myself, who publish for living and need this median for marketing. I enjoy sharing the fun that I do and meeting my fans, but my actual friends on FB is a limited group of people. Everyone can be a fan or acquaintance, but not everyone can be a personal friend. That would require more time then there is in a day, which I don't have. But I still send love to all, and extra to those that really need it!

So in ending, to all of those , watching, following, being followed and etc. I have only one thing to say: HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment